Sunday, June 3, 2007

chin up

Its been raining all day with a light breeze. I just want to be a bum for a day. I haven't done that in a long time. Just sit and not do anything really. Last two days have been busy with friends and lots of dinners and laughter...so you might ask why I'm still feeling like a bum.

Well, he has found another girl. I still have a crush on him. I'm sad that nothing came out of our date because his father has a thing against muslims. He has everything a great guy should have...personality, humor, looks, success, celebrity-status and a genuine spirit. A smile that will melt your heart and make you weak in the knees.

I've made a decision. I like his girlfriend because she is a very sweet and friendly girl. I would never wish anything evil on them because what goes around comes around. Some day when I find someone awesome, I would not want his ex-dates to ruin things for me. How immature is that. I will always pray for them to be happy as I have been for the last two weeks since I met her. My heart aches because I am human and I have feelings. I'm allowed to feel hurt and disappointed. My brain says its for the best but my heart says it hurts to not see myself with him.

I went out of my way to be friendly to his girlfriend. I teased him that I found a sari I want to wear at his wedding so he better make his move quickly! His girlfriend and I actually licked cake batter together. We were baking a cake at his parents house and there was left over batter that we both love so we just attacked the bowl. He looked at us both and smiled. I wonder what he thought about "HHmm...two gorgeous girls who like me...fighting over sweet cake batter...hahaha!" His mom said she wished she had a camera to take a picture of the two of us. Now she wants to play match maker and hook me up with a muslim guy she knows...little does she know I have no interest in that. I know her from college too because we had a common friend. What a small world. I met her maybe once at her apartment and little did I know that 4 years later I would meet her again...dating a guy that I have feelings for.

I will continue to be positive and upbeat...even as my heart weeps. I'm surprised he still calls me to hang out...with him and his girlfriend. Perhaps he respects the fact that I will never stoop low. Maybe he doesn't know how I still feel about him.

Mubarik ho tumko yeh shaadi tumhari, saada kush raho yeh duah hai hamari
Hamara hai kiya yaar, hum hai deewane
Hamari tarap to koi be na janay...keh hum ne to tunha umr hai guzari,
Mubarik ho tumko yeh shaadi tumhari.

1 comment:

Banno said...

Hey, Miha, that's too bad. But surely, a guy who would stop going out with you because his father has something against Muslims, doesn't deserve you? Sorry, I may be out of place here.